[p2p-research] The Cybernetic Hypothesis

j.martin.pedersen m.pedersen at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu May 27 16:46:25 CEST 2010

On 27/05/10 15:39, Denis Postle wrote:

> On 5/26/2010 5:30 PM, Joss Winn wrote:
>> This may interest some of you. An English translation of The Cybernetic
>> Hypothesis, which appeared in the Tiqqun journal (2001) is now available:
>>
>> http://cybernet.jottit.com/
>>
>> I am quite new to this material, but my summary of it so far, is that
>> it's a ruthless and challenging attack on Cybernetics, which they equate
>> with modern Capitalism, both drawing on and simultaneously critiquing a
>> number of European intellectual traditions.
>>
>> I'm enjoying it.
>>
> Yes very valuable, thank you. Any idea of who the author(s) were?

it emerges from the group of people around the
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiqqun journal,

some of who were the targets of the infamous anti-terror assault on
liberties in France:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarnac_9

it is a good piece in that it presents a critical side of technology
thinking that is absent from most the non-reflective glorification that
predominates cyberspace debates.

-m