[p2p-research] on peak oil and p2p

Joss Winn joss at josswinn.org
Thu May 27 12:51:37 CEST 2010

Michel,

With regards to the role of the state in mass mobilisation and the
possible threat to democracy which you comment on at the end of this
post, there was a recent BBC radio programme, which I would recommend.

I have provided a brief summary here:

http://stuck.josswinn.org/are-we-doomed-by-democracy

The podcast of the programme can be downloaded here:

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/analysis/analysis_20100524-2030a.mp3

A related, earlier programme was 'Are environmentalists bad for the
planet' which discusses traditional Green views on technology.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00q3cnl

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/analysis/analysis_20100125-2102a.mp3

Joss