[p2p-research] Ning alternatives

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Wed May 26 17:31:28 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Venessa Miemis
<venessamiemis at gmail.com> wrote:
> i just wrote this post and thought it might be good for the p2p foundation
> site.
> http://emergentbydesign.com/2010/05/23/what-is-privacy-a-rant-about-facebook-the-open-source-movement/

I like it.

I think we're getting closer to infrastructure that gives you the
power over your data. The ideas in diaspora are one step in the right
direction. I think the time is ripe also for true distributed
networking from device to device.

You should have a choice as to what networks you connect with, and we
all should be allowed to use our devices to pass packets as mesh net
utility, or to connect to service providers, as we see fit.

I think the best way to get there is that people just start doing it,
but they'll need some software that makes it possible with common
hardware. We've discussed this with Sepp many times in the past. It is
a matter of time until we see this emerge, I really believe...

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com