[p2p-research] john pilger on the greeks

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 22:09:24 CEST 2010

No I read it completely.  Do you know the story?  He was the one person who
acted honourably in the whole affair and almost single handedly stopped the
banking crisis when Northern Rock fell.  By the way, he immediately resigned
when he was criticized by the state.  He was non-executive and still waded
in up to his neck to save the firm and the system.

In addition to that, he's written two or three books on the evolution of
cultural and social norms that top biologists I know regularly pass on to
their graduate students.

He is an economic and social conservative to be sure.  Many of his ideas and
arguments are outlandish and unsupportable (he was, for instance, an early
defender of Bjorn Lomborg.)

Intellectually, he's remarkably courageous, he's shown himself to be a man
of convictions and swift action, and is unafraid of offending those on "his
side."  As a conservative, he is an outspoken atheist often seen speaking
beside and in support of Richard Dawkins.

Try him out, I think you'll be favourably impressed.

Ryan

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 2:57 PM, j.martin.pedersen <
m.pedersen at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:

> Oh yes, I know. I think you missed the main part of my post - below your
> post.
>
> On 24/05/10 20:53, Ryan Lanham wrote:
> > Yep.  Been following him longer than I've followed John Robb.  He's a
> > polymath genius...
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Ridley
> >

> > On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 2:44 PM, j.martin.pedersen <
> > m.pedersen at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:
> >

> >> Ridley?

> Optimist.
> is