[p2p-research] P2P pharmaceuticals and fuels?

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 16:33:42 CEST 2010

As I mentioned to Jamais Cascio, the fear about this surprises me at one
level...disappoints me at another.

It definitely suggests backyard biology and economic revolutions on the
scale of IT/Personal computers.  I'm encouraging my sons to think that way
right now.  It is amazing how wide open the field is.  It seems unappealing
at first, like coding in an assembler code, but the rewards are staggering
and I suspect it is a matter of time before there are "higher level"
languages.  Some recent evidence suggests we should not move too fast to
high level languages in biology, however as much is lost in aggregation in
terms of resilience.

My suspicion is that we have just witnessed one of the real turning points
in the history of our species, and the press barely noticed and the
blogosphere mostly whined about it.

--
Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com