[p2p-research] Junto and a possible "social software stack"

Franz Nahrada f.nahrada at reflex.at
Mon May 24 11:34:48 CEST 2010

Hi Vanessa,

I saw your posts

http://emergentbydesign.com/2010/04/17/junto-is-born/
http://emergentbydesign.com/2010/04/18/open-letter-to-tim-berners-lee-help-us-build-junto/

I really like the basic idea of Junto and want to propose talking about a
possible comnnection.

You know there is a "stack" of applications that work together more
seamlessly every day

LAMP

Linux
Appache Mail Server
MySql Database
PHP Programming

After tons of research on the replacement of NING, I see a quite similar
"Social Open Source Software Stack" ahead that COULD work nicely

JGEP  (->A Nice Toung Breaker)

JUNTO  as a instant messages and chat tool with all the video and audio
features that we like from skype but groupwise, built around wave IM style
- for a-doc gatherings
Groupserver as the best way to augment/replace mailinglists and
yahoogroups - for diverse interests and low cohesion
ELGG as sophisticated forum and Group Incubating Tool replacing NING
including forum and blog functions
PROWIKI (www.prowiki.org) as IMHO the best fractal wiki engine in the web
with enormous structural potential. especially as collective authoring
tool for sustainable HyperTexts (although Perl-based)

just an intuition and a dream of mine. If we could connect them all we
would have ALL what we need!

(except, maybe, a CMS or so for the cool community window to the world,
and a streaming community TV for thes ame purpose but thats a totally
different story)

Franz

Franz Nahrada
GIVE Forschungsgesellschaft