[p2p-research] Google Alert - hasslberger

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sat May 22 08:51:23 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 13:21:51 PM +0700, Michel Bauwens (michelsub2004 at gmail.com) wrote:

> Dear Sepp,
>
> this problem is well known to us, and James and Kasper have been
> working for days on this, I thought the problem had disappeared ...
> James, Kasper: what more do we need to do?

FWIW, this happens with my name too, just search in Google 'fioretti
site:p2pfoundation.net' (without quotes) and look at the 3rd, 5th, 8th
result. Couple of questions:

1) I know nothing of this particular attack: how it is called? What
   should I read to understand how it works and how to prevent it?

2) due to #1, I really can't help to _fix_ this, but if there is any
   "dumb data-gathering" I can do on my side, things like "please run
   this command or test on your PC and send us the result so we can
   investigate better", just ask.

Marco