[p2p-research] abundance economics book

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Fri May 21 18:48:08 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Patrick Anderson <agnucius at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Patrick Anderson wrote:
>>> Who will receive ownership of those new investments?
>>> <sarcasm>I'm sure it must not be those who paid them, right?</sarcasm>
>
> Samuel Rose wrote:
>> What do you mean by "those who paid them"?
>
> I mean the persons who paid the value called 'Profit'.
>
> The Consumers pay this value, but in our current system they never
> gain any ground (never acquire ownership) because we misunderstand the
> origin and therefore the proper 'destination' of Profit.

I am open to the idea to set up a way for consumers to own as you
describe. I will only work with systems where all participants
*voluntarily* self-elect to create  an arrangement such as this.

*if* participants *do not*, I will work with them in ways that they
see fit as appropriate for themselves. The situation you describe
won't be optimal for every set of conditions. Plus, it is a type of
change that people need to be socially and psychologically ready for.
Otherwise it will be rejected, very likely.

Economic arrangements are not up to you. They are the choice of the
people who participate in the economy. Repeating logic over and over,
no matter how sound it may be, probably will not succeed in immediate
massive widespread adoption of what you describe. This is why I am
talking about "transition". You can dismiss that because it doesn't
put at the forefront the arrangement that you've been discussing for
years.

My central point is that to get people to where you want them to be,
you'll have to take the journey *with them*, and *starting from where
they are at NOW*.

Transition towards transformation.

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com