[p2p-research] abundance economics book

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Fri May 21 16:27:12 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Book: Wolfgang Hoeschele. The Economics of Abundance: A Political Economy of
> Freedom, Equity, and Sustainability.
>
> [edit] Description
>
> "The “economics of abundance” is based on a critique of our present economic
> system, which finds value only in scarce commodities – i.e., things which
> can be sold at a high price because demand exceeds supply. Because this
> economy depends on demand always outstripping supplies, it also depends on
> “scarcity-generating institutions” – institutions that either manipulate
> supply or demand in order to keep us in a constant state of need.
>
> An economy of abundance seeks to dismantle or reform these
> scarcity-generating institutions in such a way as to affirm our freedom to
> live life as art (self-expression to others), social equity (so that
> everyone can live life as art), and sustainability (so that all life can
> thrive into the future). Among other things, this implies a much greater
> role for various forms of shared property, individual and community-level
> self-reliance, and participatory decision-making."
> (http://shareable.net/blog/event-the-economics-of-abundance)

I am looking now in some cases on a "transition economics. Where
people work together to both share those resources that are shareable
now (software, designs, knowledge, waste that can be used as food,
surplus capacities and resources) and cooperate to produce items that
are still based in scarcity, then re-invest the profits into creating
more and more abundance-economy-based systems.

> --
> P2P Foundation: http://p2pfoundation.net  - http://blog.p2pfoundation.net

> Think thank: http://www.asianforesightinstitute.org/index.php/eng/The-AFI

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com