[p2p-research] Crowdsourcing Critical Success Factor Model

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun May 16 11:36:36 CEST 2010

Dear friends,

I'm looking for a volunteer to comment on this in our blog?

Michel
    Crowdsourcing Critical Success Factor Model
>From P2P Foundation
Jump to: navigation<http://p2pfoundation.net/Crowdsourcing_Critical_Success_Factor_Model#column-one>,
search<http://p2pfoundation.net/Crowdsourcing_Critical_Success_Factor_Model#searchInput>

*Article: Crowdsourcing Critical Success Factor Model. Ankit Sharma.*

URL = http://irevolution.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/working-paper1.pdf

[edit<http://p2pfoundation.net/Crowdsourcing_Critical_Success_Factor_Model?title=Crowdsourcing_Critical_Success_Factor_Model&action=edit&section=1>
] Description

Patrick Philippe Meier:

"My colleague Ankit Sharma at the London School of Economics (LSE) recently
sent me his research paper entitled “Crowdsourcing Critical Success Factor
Model” (PDF). It’s definitely worth a read. Ankit is interested in better
understanding the “dynamic and innovative discipline of crowdsourcing by
developing a critical success factor model for it.” He focuses specifically
on mobile crowdsourcing and does a great job unpacking the term.

Ankit first reviews four crowdsourcing projects to inform the development of
his critical success model: txtEagle, Ushahidi, Peer Water Exchange and
mCollect. He then notes the crucial difference between outsourcing and
crowdsourcing. The latter’s success is dependent on the scale of crowd
participation. This means that incentives need to tailored to recruit the
most effective collaborators while “the motive of the crowd needs to be
aligned with the long term objective of the crowdsourcing initiative.” To
this end, Ankit defines successful crowdsourcing in terms of participation.

Ensuring participation requires that the motives of the of the crowd be
directly aligned with the long term objectives of the crowdsourcing
initiative. “Additionally, to promote participation the users must use and
accept the technology of crowdsourcing.” (
http://irevolution.wordpress.com/2010/05/05/towards-a-model-for-successful-crowdsourcing/)

Think thank: http://www.asianforesightinstitute.org/index.php/eng/The-AFI