[p2p-research] Fwd: Conference postponed, implications for Brazil and Colombia lectures (the lecture tour from hell)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat May 15 11:16:55 CEST 2010

Dear Carolina, Frederick, and other p2p lecture organizers,

I have just received a dramatic (for me, and I'm sure for you) message, see
below. This has been the bad luck trip of the last four years. First,
funding for the originally planned trip to ARgentina failed to materialize;
second, Coimbra had to cancel three lecturers coming from abroad, including
me, for the same reason. AND NOW, out of the blue comes this message, that
the State of the World Forum won't be paying the trip to Salvador. For them,
it's the second time in a row, a previous trip to Washington was cancelled
last year, also for postponement.

This has important implications for my own livelyhood, as lecturing is my
only income again this year. Not only will I forego a number of lecture fees
and I have to sustain myself extra days here in europe, but I have no way of
funding my tickegt to Bahia, and hence the implications for Colombia and Rio
..

I'm staying in Milan with a friend and scholar Cosma Orsi and a return
ticket from venice to bkk on June 8,

I have no internet connection in the appt and there are no cybercafes in the
neighborhood, nevertheless, I will attempt a daily 30 minute connection, in
case someone has a solution ..