[p2p-research] social networks with privacy

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Wed May 12 12:28:08 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 15:27:08 PM +0700, Michel Bauwens (michelsub2004 at gmail.com) wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/12/nyregion/12about.html
>
> Hi Sepp, looks like a significant development, could you investigate
> and comment on it?

1) I'm happy this is happening. This Facebook behavior and Ning
canceling free networks fully confirm lots of things I'd been thinking
for many, many months and that I already touched here in all the "why
use Gmail if it is so not-p2p" threads... what if Google was the next
after Ning and Facebook to go too rogue or greedy? did any of you
@gmail.com guys think about this already? I am trying to reorder for
publication lots of notes on this I've taken in the last year, I'll
post the URL as soon as I can find the time to do it.

2) There is a good "facebook page" about this, were I and others
started to discuss this days ago. Those of you who have Facebook
accounts can find the link on my wall, please have a look at it.

Ciao,
	Marco

PS: I'm not offering (for now) to comment on it on the blog simply
because all the ramblings I mentioned above are more general than this
last change in Facebook and Diaspora.