[p2p-research] P2P revolution?

Maria Droujkova droujkova at gmail.com
Tue May 4 19:48:22 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Kevin Carson <
free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/30/10, Daniel Araya <levelsixmedia at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For a fully fleshed out P2P revolution to unfold you will need to
> integrate
> > the education system in some way.

What is THE educational system here? Public schools - of what countries?
Private schools? Universities? Online learning communities? Homeschooling?
The point being that it's systemS, not "the system."

Its not going to simply happen
> > spontaneously-- at least not in the numbers you would need to make
> > ubiquitous.

The same point applies. There may not be a ubiquitous ANYTHING anymore, but
a tapestry of multiple practices.

> The feudal age had the church. Modernity had the university.
> > What does peer production have?

The internet.

> My gut instinct is that what peer production has is less about some
> new institutional basis than about the unsustainability of the *old*
> centralized, hierarchical institutions.

Institutions -> Networks

See also "The Starfish and the Spider" (full text
http://www.scribd.com/doc/10521739/The-Starfish-and-the-Spider)

Cheers,
Maria Droujkova
http://www.naturalmath.com

Make math your own, to make your own math.