[p2p-research] Being autonomous, tools for conviviality and DoOcracy was Re: [-empyre-] seeing yourself a prototype - the limits of open source (innovation as manipulation)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 11:02:25 CEST 2010

It is probably useful to see both of these as polarities, and to use
inclusivity as a yardstick, i.e. how far does the acceptance of 'peerage'
extend',

my take is that much depends on the state of consciousness of the individual
and community involved,

I find this graph, which shows how people see and use networks from their
own perspective, useful:

see http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/types-of-connectivity/2006/06/28

these ideas are inspired by integral theory (gebser, wilber, clare graves)
and have been popularized, and somewhat distorted by the don beck branch of
spiral dynamics,

nevertheless, I personally believe these perspectives are 'real', and
insightful, though they can be abused by a hierarchical mindset as well,

if you have time, see also:
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/what-is-the-internets-mode-of-consciousness/2008/08/07

Think thank: http://www.asianforesightinstitute.org/index.php/eng/The-AFI