[p2p-research] MakerBots at Cambridge Mini Maker Faire

Ryan rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 05:00:32 CEST 2010

  Sent to you by Ryan via Google Reader: MakerBots at Cambridge Mini
Maker Faire via MAKE Magazine by Chris Connors on 5/2/10

At the Cambridge Mini Maker Faire, we had a whole mess of MakerBot
CupCake CNCs. People were very curious about all the plastic being
extruded and had lots of questions to ask of the hardy Makerbotters.
During the festivities, I had a chance to ask a few questions of my own.

Want to know more about the MakerBot? Get your hands on a copy of MAKE
Volume 21. The MakerBot site is full of good info, and you can see and
share lots of designs for parts that can be made over at Thingiverse.

Editor's Note: And don't forget our MakerBot CupCake CNC giveaway.
Deadline for entry is May 5th!

 From MAKE magazine:

MAKE Volume 21 is the Desktop Manufacturing issue, with how-to articles
on making three-dimensional parts using inexpensive computer-controlled
manufacturing equipment. Both additive (RepRap, CandyFab) and
subtractive (Lumenlab Micro CNC) systems are covered. Also in this
issue: instructions for making a cigar box guitar, building your own
CNC for under $800, running a mini electric bike with a cordless drill,
making a magic photo cube, and tons more. If you're a subscriber, you
can access the Digital Edition. Otherwise, you can pick up MAKE 21 in
the Maker Shed

Read more | Permalink | Comments | Read more articles in 3D printing |
Digg this!
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to MAKE Magazine using Google Reader
favorite sites