[p2p-research] The three exodus and the transition towards the p2p society

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat May 1 08:42:51 CEST 2010

Dear Kevin,

I wanted to make a short remake on the current exodus,

you are right, I do not mean it physically, my emphasis is not on migration
like in escape routes,

but rather in the 1) value shift away from finding happiness in salaried
work 2) both precarity and surplus time going into passionate production
while the current system is seen as secondary for achieving life's main
goals

of course, this does not affect everybody, but enough people to become
socially significant

I have not read escape routes and not paid much attention to migration
issues, I must admit, and I do not have a clear vision of how this is
connected to peer production, apart from the obvious ethnic affinity groups
that migrants are creating online; I can clearly see how migration
undermines the stability of the former system, not as clearly what a
positive outcome of it is, apart from cultural globalisation and its
attendant stresses

Michel