[p2p-research] Fwd: Herbologies/Foraging Networks 26-28th March, Pixelache Festival, Helsinki, Finland

andrew paterson agryfp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 13:03:24 CET 2010

Hei Sam, Michel,
Yes I will write a report of the activities after the festival,
mostly some time in April..

To answer your question Sam,
There is community except the one 'in the making' of the programme.
As an organiser and producer, I'd like to think there will be more
people interested in Herbologies/Foraging Networks activity
afterwards :)

There is a few associated groups/projects to the programme that have
some potential to support online sharing..

One is the Public School Helsinki network that has recently started
here, which has an 'Urban Foraging' course integrated with the
Pixelache theme..

http://helsinki.thepublicschool.org/class/2085

There was also last week a good beginning to this with the
'Kasvitietotalkoot' (plant info bee) project initiated by Pispala
Cultural Association, Tampere FI, hosted on the Appropedia server..

http://www.appropedia.org/Kasvitietotalkoot

It seems the group involved (initated from Pispala in Tampere) wish
to continue to develop their materials there.
I think they made a decent choice of wiki.

Another interesting platform here for traditional knowledge here for
Finnish speakers is

http://www.wikikko.info/

But I understand that appropedia is merging with ekopedia.org in the
future,
so this may offer some sustainability for the platform.

My best regards,
andrew

On Mar 24, 2010, at 3:11 PM, Samuel Rose wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:17 AM, Michel Bauwens
> <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Andrew,
>>
>> thanks for sending a report after or during the conference!

andrew gryf paterson
http://agryfp.info/
mobile [FI]: +358 50402 3828
agryfp at gmail.com | skype: agryfp