[p2p-research] user generated content, pertaining to city planning

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 09:54:56 CET 2010

Dear Aditya,

thanks for your comments on our blog item
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/a-new-framework-for-co-creating-business-and-social-value/2008/02/01

can you share more details on your research project, if only to add them to
http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Research ?

also check our our search box in the wiki, and thanks for sending
suggestions for updates,

for example, we have

   - Open Source Cities <http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Source_Cities>
   ... experiment. The project was undertaken in conjunction with MIT’s
   Smart Cities project.
   1 KB (199 words) - 11:34, 27 July 2008
   - P2P Cities <http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Cities>
   ... his project page aims to bring together a directory of projects
   related to cities worldwide. #P2P-Cities tag at
   http://del.icio.us/mbauwens/P2P-Cities
   3 KB (393 words) - 11:28, 20 August 2009
   - Open Cities <http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Cities>
   ... erybody, this new (dis)order is powerful. For the meaning and
   operation of cities, it will be transformative. ... , but different from
   their predecessors. These new cities are Open Cities: cities that, like
   the network of web 2.0, are architected for participation and s ...
   4 KB (617 words) - 14:46, 17 August 2009
   - Participatory Design of
Cities<http://p2pfoundation.net/Participatory_Design_of_Cities>
   ... Cluster: What role does design play when it comes to creating
   democratic cities? ... ple transform the ways they obtain food, energy,
   materials, and water - in cities, or outside them. This kind of design is
   of course “political” in that ...
   4 KB (608 words) - 02:52, 13 June 2008
   - Living Cities Movement<http://p2pfoundation.net/Living_Cities_Movement>
   "Here's where the livable cities movement is going next, according to
   (Mark) Gorton: Planning software will add land use factors, so that towns
   and cities can ensure that transportation line up better with zoning. The
   two issues ...
   1 KB (192 words) - 10:33, 12 February 2009
   - Resilient Cities <http://p2pfoundation.net/Resilient_Cities>
   '''Book: Peter Newman and Timothy Beatley. Resilient Cities.''' ... ow
   intelligent planning and visionary leadership can be strong weapons for
   cities facing climate change and peak oil
   5 KB (787 words) - 18:12, 19 February 2009
   - User Generated Cities <http://p2pfoundation.net/User_Generated_Cities>
   ... the exchange of information, knowledge, ideas and practices towards
   better cities for all. It organizes participatory workshops and develops
   web tools for u ... URBZ believes that the deepest knowledge about
citiesexists amongst its inhabitants and communities. Those engaged
with urban l
   2 KB (291 words) - 13:57, 3 May 2009
   - Andrea Reimer on Open Cities and the Open Motion in
Vancouver<http://p2pfoundation.net/Andrea_Reimer_on_Open_Cities_and_the_Open_Motion_in_Vancouver>
   (http://www.cbc.ca/spark/2009/05/full-interview-andrea-reimer-on-open-
   cities/) [[P2P Cities]]
   806 B (112 words) - 15:24, 19 September 2009

 Aditya Pawar <http://nl.linkedin.com/in/adipawar> Says:
March 24th, 2010 at 1:23
pm<http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/a-new-framework-for-co-creating-business-and-social-value/2008/02/01/comment-page-1#comment-424029>
e<http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/wp-admin/comment.php?action=editcomment&c=424029>

I just stumbled upon your article and the comment following it. I am
currently doing my thesis on user generated content, pertaining to city
planning and other civil matters. Interestingly, the project is supported by
a public library (and to some extent the municipality).
I would be happy if you have some literature suggestions for me or examples
of similar project.
@ Jon - is it possible for you to pass me the paper, you mention above, it
sounds interesting.

Thanks
Best
Aditya

adipawar at gmail.com

TUDelft
Netherlands
**
 Jon Husband Says:
February 1st, 2008 at 9:47
pm<http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/a-new-framework-for-co-creating-business-and-social-value/2008/02/01/comment-page-1#comment-181454>
e<http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/wp-admin/comment.php?action=editcomment&c=181454>

Corresponds with the January 21 ‘08 release of the Aspen Institute
Roundtable on Communications and Society (John seeley Brown, Joi Ito, John
Hagel, Tom Malone, etc.) titled “The Rise in Collective Intelligence -
Decentralized Co-Creation of Value as a New Paradigm of Commerce and
Culture”. White paper written by David Bollier.

Michel I have the PDF on my hard disk .. if you email me, I’ll reply with it
(and I think we owe each other a howdy and quick catch-up, amyway [image:
;-)]