[p2p-research] Fwd: Constant Conflict - Culture War ( ? ) - Alienated by information...

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 05:44:17 CET 2010

Thanks Dante for the regular useful links,

From: Dante-Gabryell Monson <dante.monson at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 6:39 PM
Subject: Constant Conflict - Culture War ( ? ) - Alienated by information...
To: hc_ecology at yahoogroups.com, sustainable_solidarity at yahoogroups.com

PARAMETERS, US Army War College Quarterly - Summer
1997<http://www.carlisle.army.mil/usawc/Parameters/97summer/peters.htm>

http://www.carlisle.army.mil/usawc/Parameters/97summer/peters.htm

 9 <http://url/a51077c6fce29d21a546ac6b6fed3eaa>
"We have entered an age of constant conflict. Information is at once our
core commodity and the most destabilizing factor of our time. Until now,
history has been a quest to acquire information; today, the challenge lies
in managing information. Those of us who can sort, digest, synthesize, and
apply relevant knowledge soar--professionally, financially, politically,
militarily, and socially. We, the winners, are a minority.

For the world masses, devastated by information they cannot manage or
effectively interpret, life is "nasty, brutish . . . and short-circuited."
The general pace of change is overwhelming, and information is both the
motor and signifier of change."