[p2p-research] Planet Money Tracks a Toxic Asset

Ryan rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 14:28:42 CET 2010

  Sent to you by Ryan via Google Reader: Planet Money Tracks a Toxic
Asset via GOOD by Andrew Price on 3/12/10
The excellent Planet Money team is continuing its coverage of our
economic troubles by tracking the performance of a real, tanking toxic
asset: We bought one of those things that no one wanted, one of those
things that almost brought down the global economy: our very own toxic
asset. This one has more than 2,000 mortgages in it. We paid $1,000,
with our own money, for our piece. It used to be worth more like
$75,000. They've set up an interactive infographic where you can see
exactly what's in their troubled mortgage puree, and watch its value
change as people default or pay off their loans.
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to GOOD using Google Reader
favorite sites