[p2p-research] Fwd: Saving Thailand #thaipeace need your urgent help!

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 17:46:32 CET 2010

fyi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sunit shrestha <sunitshrestha at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:29 PM
Subject: Saving Thailand #thaipeace need your urgent help!
To: Sunit Shrestha <sunitshrestha at gmail.com>

Hi

Could you could please help spread this to your international media network,
social network and friends so they can help somehow, especially press or
online network somehow!

Please help save us Thailand !

the online page on this is at

http://tinyurl.com/y9lb2ym

basic content is as follows;

HELP SAVE THAILAND! Join #ThaiPeace online campaign
Share
Today at 1:14pm | Edit Note | Delete
Dear friends of Thailand,

As you might have heard about political conflict in Thailand, or you still
be in Thailand today. Tomorrow (March 12th), a massive political protest is
scheduled to begin. It will either be major violent riots or a new chapter
of peaceful co-existence of Thai people with different political beliefs. We
are hoping for the 2nd option where Thai people will learn to truly live in
an open society where everyone respect each other differences, even major
opposite beliefs. This will ensure Thailand's sustainable growth as a
liberal democracy and free economy.

Right now in Thailand, people spontaneously run various social media
campaign to try to show that they're really against violence and want
creative solution to this seemingly political dead-lock. There are already
few thousands joining our campaign.

We believe you can help make this happen through your participation in
online social networking. It happens that two opposing leaders of Thailand
are using twitter and we all can invite them to talk together via twitter or
tell their people to hold on to peaceful democratic process before the
actual confrontation tomorrow and beyond.

If you care about Thailand , you can simply twit to both leaders' twitter at
@thaksinlive and @PM_abhisit to tell them your hope that they wil ensure
peaceful process and never to resort to violence. you can tell them how your
perception of thailand is changing because of this. After your message
please end with #thaipeace so that it will be part of this campaign.

For example, @PM_abhisit @thaksinlive both please begin talking via Twitter.
I am sure you both are innovative in bringing peace #Thaipeace #welovethai

Please also join http://www.facebook.com/thaipeace which is a page dedicated
for Thais who really believe in seeing a peaceful solution coming out of
this conflict. You can post your constructive thought as well, although most
posts are in Thai but at least you can see this Internet-enabled democratic
movement emerging in Thailand.

Let's spread this love and save Thailand!

We have our campaign picture translated into English below, it's also
athttp://tinyurl.com/ydv4gt5 , please help spread this as well!

#thaipeace campaigner