[p2p-research] fyi: is meta currency project ready to be marketed as "most advanced" ?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 16:36:32 CET 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Samuel Rose <samuel.rose at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:25 PM
Subject: Re: is meta currency project ready to be marketed as "most
advanced" ?
To: dante.monson at gmail.com

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Dante-Gabryell Monson
<dante.monson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sam, Robin, Jean-Francois, Michel, Jean-Luc, Bernard, Topi, Smari,
> Josef, Alex, Sepp, Thomas, Chris, Edgar, David, Fernanda, Eric and Arthur
,
> and opencc  bcc: Joerg

Dante, are there any communities or people who are currently using
metacurrency protocols or software for real-world problem solving,
right now? In my opinion, that is the best way to evaluate something
like this. A byproduct is that this evaluation can help the
system/software by aligning it's deployment more closely with the
needs of people who hope to use it.

In communities I am working with here in the midwest US, people are
reporting currently being more comfortable working with physical
alternative currency rather than digital. So, our efforts here are
supporting that for now. Over time, I believe people will be more and
more interested in digital currencies here.

As for using metacurrency as an API/Protocol, I'd definitely do it in
those cases where it represents the best option for doing so. As you
may or may not know, we're working on a little bit different approach,
which we'll be releasing over the next few months, but should
inter-operate with anything else that affords open standards.

Sam Rose
Forward Foundation
Social Synergy
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552