[p2p-research] feral trade

Reid Cornwell wrc at tcfir.org
Wed Mar 10 21:29:58 CET 2010

Patrick,

Until today I had never heard the term "feral" applied to trade. My response
was a guess. On that note, "free trade" refers to trade without tariffs,
taxation, or preferential regulation. In my mind "feral" trade would be
beneath the radar of all authority. For example, a carpenter builds a
cabinet and sells it for (unreported) cash or does an in-kind trade.

IMHO, smuggling could be considered feral trade. (just a guess)

Reid