[p2p-research] DIY U: Edupunks, Edupreneurs and the Coming Transformation of Higher Education

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 14:54:58 CET 2010

Dear friends, family and people with whom I have at one point corresponded!

I am writing to let you know about my new book, DIY U: Edupunks, Edupreneurs
and the Coming Transformation of Higher Education, which appears in April
from Chelsea Green publishers and is available for pre-order here:

http://www.amazon.com/DIY-Edupunks-Edupreneurs-Transformation-Education/dp/1603582347

Pre-ordering it is helpful for the sales ranking.

I think the book will be a good read for anyone who is interested in the
future of our country, or in learning.

Here is a really nice description by David Halperin, Director of Campus
Progress, and Senior Vice President, Center for American Progress:

"Anya Kamenetz is one of the best reporters and commentators on the
millennial generation and its economic future. In DIY U, she offers a
provocative, highly-readable take on the growing challenge of ensuring an
affordable college education, and she envisions an alternative path that
would shake up the established order and radically transform how we learn."

And journalist and author Reihan Salam said on Twitter: "FYI @anya1anya has
written the smartest, most important book of 2010, DIY U. I have small
quibbles. But genuinely brilliant."

Between now and June, I'll be coming on tour to Austin, New York City, New
Haven, Washington, DC, New Orleans, Atlanta, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, and the
Bay Area and would love to see you. You can find dates & other info, plus an
exclusive excerpt, here: http://diyubook.com/

Please pardon the spamminess. I will send three or four of these at most. If
you don't want to get another one from me, unsubscribe instructions are
below.

All the best, and thank you,

Anya Kamenetz Buy DIY U! http://www.indiebound.org/book/9781603582346