[p2p-research] does this correspond to your experience of contemporary youth?

Ted Smith teddks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 19:36:00 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 13:21 +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 06:02:28PM -0500, Ted Smith wrote:
> > As a contemporary youth, my impression of this article is that it's the
>
> As a contemporary (and top-posting) youth perhaps you're in no
> position to compare notes.

I can't compare the coming of age of my generation to that of other
generations, true. I can say that I think the article seems to be based
on anecdotes, and that it seems to be identical to other articles
doomsaying the next generation. If the article isn't based on anecdotes,
I'd like to see the study behind it; if the article is in fact novel,
I'd like to see how.

> > sort of "the sky is falling" crap that has plagued humanity since the
> > dawn of post-simianity. The fact that the author refers to a child as an
> > 'it' in the last paragraph is an interesting slip.
>
> Where? Even if, Ylajali Hansen is probably not a native English speaker.
> E.g. in German the child is sexless, and hence an 'it'.

In the last paragraph, like I said. If it is a language barrier issue I
suppose it's forgivable, but as it's been pointed out, the entire
article is a 'slip' of this sort.