[p2p-research] does this correspond to your experience of contemporary youth?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 03:24:16 CET 2010

Thanks for the comments already.

A few remarks on my own. While greed is undoubtedly hardwired, along with
altruism and many other emotions, it's our social design that directs it to
accumulation of material goods, there is nothing hardwired about that, since
for most of human history, it was notably absent

As for generations, while I'm sure there are people with the
charactereristics she describes, as there were in the sixties, there are
many others that are different.

My feeling is this generation, at least in the West, has a much higher
propensity for sharing and cooperation that the previous ones, and that the
kind of hyper-careerism is, if anything, diminishing in force.

Michel