[p2p-research] introducing samuel bowles

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 00:07:08 CEST 2010

On 29 June 2010 18:21, Kevin Carson
<free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com> wrote:

> David M. Gordon, in Fat and Mean, found a very high correlation
> between economic inequality (specifically between the pay of top
> management and typical line workers inside the corporation), and the
> proportion of employees in supervisory/managerial positions.  The
> stagnation of worker pay and the shift of most compensation to those
> at the top (the shrinking carrot) create increased agency and
> incentive problems that make the stick more necessary for disciplining
> the labor force.  Economic inequality within the corporation
> inevitably leads to internal authoritarianism, as what Oliver
> Williamson calls "compunctory compliance" and petty sabotage by
> increasingly disgruntled workers make it essential to keep them under
> constant surveillance.

Picking up on the economic inequality within the corporation and the
resulting behaviour of top management, this is a striking piece:

Executive Compensation: The More Leaders Make, the Meaner They Get
http://blogs.hbr.org/research/2010/06/executive-compensation-the-mor.html

--
Regards,
Mamading Ceesay

London Creative Labs: http://londoncreativelabs.com

Facilitation Camp is the place to be on 9th/10th July
http://facilitationcamp.eventbrite.com/

Will you be at Social Startup Labs on 23rd July?
Sign up at http://socialstartuplabs.com

Follow us on Facebook/Twitter and/or follow me on Twitter to find out more:
http://facebook.com/LondonCreativeLabs
http://twitter.com/LonCreativeLabs
http://twitter.com/evangineer