[p2p-research] FW: What Austerity Brings...

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 18:08:17 CEST 2010

Merkel is the leader here now.  Germany will be fine.  The rest of Europe is
going to be a basket case.

Canada has the highest personal debt levels in the world.  Their housing
market seems to be in a severe bubble.  Hard to say how it comes out.  They
could import lots more people (wealthy educated ones...) and probably stave
off problems.  Trouble is, that changes the culture as Europe (and even the
US well know.)  Rotterdam has more South Asians than Dutch these
days...literally.   Personally, I like free movement and low barriers to
citizenship, but Canada is really pressed to decide on that one...they can't
simply devalue their currency and sell goods to the US to keep going as
they have in the past.  The world now wants a strong Canadian dollar...and
that's going to change Canada.

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Michael Gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com>wrote:

>  A la Harper and his G and B (S) cronies...
>
> "Confidence building" is about giving the financial wolves assurance that
> they will always have lunch (you or your kids or their kids...

>  Here's a story about Ireland...no surprise to a Keynesian...
>

> http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/06/the_luck_of_the_irish_vs_the_e.html

Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Facebook: Ryan_Lanham