[p2p-research] must read: The era of extreme neoliberalism and the end of the European social state

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 05:59:53 CEST 2010

you may be right about the U.S.  being an example, I'm not an expert,

though I'm convinced that there is a cultural tendency for Anglo-Saxons and
Americans in particular to think they invented everything and are an example
of everything good ... it's certainly not what I learned in my courses on
welfare during my uni years ... but I have mostly forgotten the details ...

the wikipedia article also doesn't stress any U.S.-centric development:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_state