[p2p-research] the others for matt ridley, the collapsists

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 04:38:37 CEST 2010

via nadia mclaren:

 Friends, This is an important presentation from Mike Ruppert - timed to the
release of his movie Collapse - his first significant new communication in
some years since *Peak Oil* and *Confronting Collapse*.  It's absolutely
current (Greece, Deepwater Horizon ...) and addresses the "collapse of
industrial
society" and the "transition imperative".  The presentation is around one
hour + questions. Give it ten minutes at least: bear with the introduction;
it speeds up to roller-coaster pace and I guarantee you will be absorbed.
He's is one of the most uncompromising and consistent far-seers alive.  As
he says, "ignore me at your own peril".  Nadia

THE LIFEBOAT MOVEMENT IN VERMONT
CONFRONTING THE PEAK OIL CRISIS
By Michael Ruppert
Wednesday, May 19, 2010

http://mikeruppert.blogspot.com/2010/05/lifeboat-movement-in-vermont-must-wa
tch.html

This is my first real large talk since 2005. I held nothing back. In it, I
say things that are certain to tick off almost everybody out there. That was
intended. What I want now is for anybody to challenge me to back up anything
that I said here on mainstream media. (Special thanks to George Galloway.
You showed me how to do this.) Vermont is a very special place. It is one of
only two states in U.S. history that were independent republics before
voting to enter the Union. The other, of course, was Texas. I just spent
almost a week in Vermont on a whirlwind tour that included major speaking
engagements in Burlington, Montpelier and Brattleboro; two TV appearances
(including this one); two in-studio radio interviews, and many smaller
appearances at a number of venues. Vermont is unique among all the states in
that, by itself, it could be made into a lifeboat as a state. I met with
both the Gubernatorial (Dennis Steele) and Lt. Governor candidates as well
as candidates for the state senate. As I listened to them I heard that their
concerns -- as well as their emerging platform -- are taken from the pages
of the collapse of human industrial civilization.

What you will see here is explosive and controversial. I guess you could say
I'm really back now. It's time to bring this to a head because there is no
more time to waste. From now on I will refer to the Peak Oil/Sustainability
movement only as the Lifeboat Movemement, because that's what it is. It
belongs to all mankind.

Watch here:

http://www.cctv.org/watch-tv/programs/author-and-peak-oil-activist-michael-ruppert

http://bit.ly/bRX4wM