[p2p-research] Gini Coefficient - Evenness of distribution of Wealth ?

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 19:02:41 CEST 2010

On 26 June 2010 11:34, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I monitor distributed metrics via http://del.icio.us/mbauwens/P2P-Metrics
> and http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Metrics
>
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Dante-Gabryell Monson
> <dante.monson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Are there examples of Gini coefficient's ( evenness of the "distribution"
>> of wealth ) applied to distributed systems ?
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gini_coefficient
>> "a measure of inequality of income or wealth."
>> (a lower measure indicates a more even distribution of wealth).

I did write some stuff about the Gini index for measuring income
inequality in latter part of this article:
http://londoncreativelabs.com/blog/2010/3/28/insights-into-economic-inequality-and-job-creation-from-samu.html

--
Regards,
Mamading Ceesay

London Creative Labs: http://londoncreativelabs.com

Facilitation Camp is the place to be on 9th/10th July
http://facilitationcamp.eventbrite.com/

Will you be at Social Startup Labs on 23rd July?
Sign up at http://socialstartuplabs.com

Follow us on Facebook/Twitter and/or follow me on Twitter to find out more:
http://facebook.com/LondonCreativeLabs
http://twitter.com/LonCreativeLabs
http://twitter.com/evangineer