[p2p-research] Wiki Content License

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 12:25:22 CEST 2010

I can't remember who choose the license, I'm actually for NOT using a
license, for the reasons I explain here:
http://p2pfoundation.net/Important_notice_on_COPYRIGHT

but intuitively, I would suspect that a license allowing commercial
exploitation of other people's IP would lead to even more trouble,

but I'm happy to refer to a team of decision-makers on this issue, as I'm
agnostic ...

Michel

 Important notice on COPYRIGHT
>From P2P Foundation
Jump to: navigation<http://p2pfoundation.net/Important_notice_on_COPYRIGHT#column-one>,
search <http://p2pfoundation.net/Important_notice_on_COPYRIGHT#searchInput>

[edit<http://p2pfoundation.net/Important_notice_on_COPYRIGHT?title=Important_notice_on_COPYRIGHT&action=edit&section=1>
] Fair Use Notice

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been
specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material
available in our efforts to advance understanding of peer to peer dynamics.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your
own that go beyond 'fair dealing' and/or 'fair use', you must obtain
permission from the copyright owner.

This means that our Creative Commons rule only applies to material that is
originally written for our site, and only concerns a limited amount of
documents.

[edit<http://p2pfoundation.net/Important_notice_on_COPYRIGHT?title=Important_notice_on_COPYRIGHT&action=edit&section=2>
] Some practical recommendations

Please note there are two kinds of pages here.

1) The "impersonal ones", that are continuous upgrades of third party
material and citations, through a process called opportunistic updating,
which is in agreement with Fair Use <http://p2pfoundation.net/Fair_Use> or
'fair dealing' (Canada) principles.

In such pages, it is not recommended to copy the full article, only the
paragraph that is relevant to the topic at hand. These original quotes
should not be modified, and should always be sourced. If you add any
comments, then such a personal voice should be stated as such. It is
recommended to use the talk pages first in case of disagreement.

2) personal project pages, where individuals describe their own concepts and
projects. Also in this case, respect the individual voice of the author, but
these pages should be clearly stated as such.
Retrieved from "http://p2pfoundation.net/Important_notice_on_COPYRIGHT"
 Category <http://p2pfoundation.net/Special:Categories>:
Internal<http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Internal>