[p2p-research] James Howard Kunstler

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 01:18:17 CEST 2010

Good to have you hear michael!

A few remarks of my own: collapses tend to be slow and ongoing most of the
time, not abrupt, this leaves more time for adaptation.

The middle ages that ryan mentions are a good case in point ... if you were
a farmer, the situation wasn't all that bad, relatively speaking, and
arguable better than under the Roman Empire ... before industrialization
there was a resilient infrastructure of food and craft production which
survived many regime changes .. Remember that when the middle ages really
started, after 975, population doubled during three centuries ..

Michel