[p2p-research] Fwd: "economic catalyst"

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 00:12:03 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Dante-Gabryell Monson
<dante.monson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Samuel,
> yes, sure.
> The way I define it, is a p2p accreditation - "recognition from both parties
> for a transaction", which can be recognition of debt, or, personally I would
> prefer, recognition of donation.
> I imagine such "accreditation" to be publicly available,
> and eventually also accessible through friends, and friends of friends, such
> as through Robin Upton's f2f approach to it.
> I can not remember where exactly I picked up the word "accreditation",
> but I know I felt inspired by Robin Upton's presentation :
> http://www.altruists.org/f598
> also see Robin Upton's f2f : http://www.altruists.org/projects/ge/ff/
> and wiki :  http://wiki.friend2friend.net/wiki/Main_Page
> and wikipedia general description of a f2f
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friend-to-friend
> which seemed to complement and resonate with some of the ideas I was
> brainstorming on
> http://cashwiki.org/en/Debt_to_Intention

Ok, it makes sense now.

You are referring to a mutual (p2p) accrediting between individuals as
a way of recognizing one another as a legitimate source or trusted
participant in a system.

I wonder if there might be a way that we can put this into practice
over time between the two of us? It doesn't matter to me so much which
site, software/technology, or currency we use, so much as what we
choose to transact around (after all, on a smaller scale with just a
few participants, we could even track in a google spreadsheet or
something similar for example)

So, what should we sell each other, trade, or share with each other, Dante? :-)

email: samuel.rose at gmail.com
http://forwardfound.org