[p2p-research] Fwd: "economic catalyst"

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 17:53:20 CEST 2010

Dante, can you explain what you mean when you use the word
"accreditation" in the email below. Usually to me "accreditation"
refers to something like what is discussed here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accreditation  so I am just trying to
discern what meaning you are giving it in the email you wrote below.
(you've used it in other discussions too, and I am having trouble
catching your meaning)

Thanks!

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:01 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> via dante:
>
> From: Dante-Gabryell Monson <dante.monson at gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:54 AM
> Subject: "economic catalyst"
> To: econowmix at googlegroups.com, agile-vortex at googlegroups.com
>

> Perhaps we may define a new approach to "Catalysts" :
>
> a networked "accreditation of donation based" approach, catalysed by
> emergent tools.
>
> Hence, some of us may be "catalysis designers" , with an "entre-donneurial"
> approach ?
>
> ---
>
> Definition of "Economic Catalyst" :
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_catalyst
>
> The term economic catalyst is widely used in in the field of economy to
> describe entrepreneurs or companies who precipate a fundamental change in
> business or technology. A more precise definition of catalyst is based on
> the new economics of multi-sided platforms. In this literature an "economic
> catalyst" is an entity that has (a) two or more groups of customers; (b) who
> need each other in some way; but (c) can't capture the value from their
> mutual attraction on their own; and (d) rely on the catalyst to facilitate
> value-reaction reactions between them. For-profit businesses, joint
> ventures, cooperatives, standard-setting bodies, and governments operate
> catalysts.

> Catalysts are the businesses at the heart of the new economics of two-sided
> markets. They are multi-sided platforms.
>

> --
> P2P Foundation: http://p2pfoundation.net  - http://blog.p2pfoundation.net

> Think tank: http://www.asianforesightinstitute.org/index.php/eng/The-AFI

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com