[p2p-research] cutting cultural budgets

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 06:02:46 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Michael Gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> Overall a useful if rather jingoistic summary of issues...
>
> As an answer to your 5 questions concerning the relative desirability of
> nation states below I (and I would guess most neutral i.e. non-US
> respondents) would answer in the following rough order
>     Canada
>     New Zealand
>     Australia
>     with the US a severely trailing 4th or lower depending on one
> one's perceptins concerning the "protection" of civil liberties in the US,
> the financial viability of the US and so on.
>
> BTW, according Google Canada has the highest per capita immigration rate in
> the world.  The failure of the US to manage its illegal immigration is
> probably more the result of an intention to create a severely weakened
> labour underclass than any oversight or any other explanation.
>
> Mike Gurstein

Mike, I think it is likely not accurate that many US-based readers of
this thread with respond with pro-US viewpoints. At least for those of
us in the US who are regular readers and respondents to p2presearch
listl anyway.

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com