[p2p-research] land multipliers

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 17:05:40 CEST 2010

I wonder why it is cheaper to process water in cities than to pipe it out?

I mean, what's the difference between water and food?  Water is cheaper per
unit weight, but it easier to transport.  Why not purify water far away and
train it in to cities?  Perhaps it is because sewage would need to be
trained out.

Ryan

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Samuel Rose <samuel.rose at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > let's not forget that nearly 50 percent of food is destroyed today (seen
> > these figures somewhere)
> >

> Yes. Even when that discarded food for whatever reason cannot be
> redistributed as food, it could still be composted and turned into
> soil, or bio-digested and turned into energy. Even this is currently
> not happening on any large scale in most cities now.

> Sam Rose
> Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
> Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
> Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
> skype: samuelrose
> email: samuel.rose at gmail.com
> http://forwardfound.org
> http://socialsynergyweb.org/culturing
> http://flowsbook.panarchy.com/
> http://socialmediaclassroom.com
> http://localfoodsystems.org
> http://notanemployee.net
> http://communitywiki.org
> http://p2pfoundation.net
>
> "The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human
> ambition." - Carl Sagan

Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Facebook: Ryan_Lanham