[p2p-research] updated Business Models wiki section

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 18:03:26 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 3:04 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to Alex for starting this section, http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Business_Models
>

> This category is for P2P business models. Articles should emphasize P2P dynamics.
>
> Contents

This is cool.

I was tracking this about 3-4 years ago with "Open Business Models
Wiki", but I would readily agree P2P wiki is a better home.

For whatever it is worth, my recent thinking about business models
with the word "Open" in them is this:

Business models that employ the word "Open" are really incomplete if
they are solely focused on what happens with revenue (even if that
focus is related to sharing of revenue).

The part of the model that is unique to each business entity or group
is: "what is shared?"

Based on the questions "what is shared?", or "what can be shared?" the
business model can evolve per business to include many types of
sharing. This is mostly limited to what the participants are *willing*
to share together as a group.

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com