[p2p-research] Fwd: Ponoko: The future of manufacturing – now available in German

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 22:34:08 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Olga Sasplugas | Ponoko <olga at ponoko.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 1:05 AM
Subject: Ponoko: The future of manufacturing – now available in German
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com

Hi Michel,

Regards from Ponoko.

I have some great news that we thought you might be interested in: *
*

*Now Ponoko's German Hub is available in German-language, and priced in €!*

More below. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

My very best,

Olga

*MEDIA RELEASE*

June 8, 2010

*The future of manufacturing – now available in German*
* *

·     Formulor launches German-language version of world’s easiest making
system.

·       Provides online access to local digital making services priced in
Euros.

Berlin-based fabber Formulor has launched a website people can use to design
and make products. The dual German and English language site – powered by
Ponoko’s online making system – makes it easy for German creators to have
their designs made and delivered locally.

The Ponoko system, launched in 2007, makes it possible for anyone to make
almost anything using digital making technology. For creators, it makes
prototyping fast and affordable and opens the doors to ‘on demand’
micro-manufacturing – whether it’s a one-off creation or a sizable
production run.

Formulor’s Stefan Canditt says the company has launched its own site to
extend its use of the Ponoko system. “We started by offering our laser
cutting service through Ponoko.com – in English and using USD,” he says.
“It’s working well for us, but we always wanted to take it one step further
with our own stand alone website – powered by Ponoko but using our language
and our currency. It just makes it so much easier and convenient for our
customers.”

Ponoko CEO David ten Have says the new site takes Ponoko’s distributed
manufacturing concept another step further. “We’ve designed the Ponoko
system so that fabbers anywhere can use it to offer their community an
online making service,” he says.  “It connects creators and fabbers to
deliver downloadable designs for local making anywhere in the world. It’s
the future of design, making and delivery.”

Germans can now ‘click to make’ at formulor.de <http://www.formulor.de/>.

ENDS

For more information contact:

Stefan Canditt
Formulor
+49 177 313 5492
stefan.canditt at formulor.de

Derek Elley
Ponoko
+1 415 335 4471 or +64 21 88 66 81
derek.elley@ ponoko.com
* *
*About Formulor*
Formulor is a partnership between a team with 12 years’ laser cutting
experience and leading material supplier modulor.de. The Modulor name is
well known in Germany – creative professionals have been using the site to
source materials for more than 20 years. (formulor.de).

*About Ponoko*
Ponoko, the world’s easiest making system, is an online marketplace for
people to make real things. It’s where creators, digital fabricators,
materials suppliers and buyers meet to make almost anything. More than
50,000 user-generated designs have been instantly priced online, made and
delivered since Ponoko was selected to launch at TechCrunch40 in 2007.
Ponoko has reinvented how goods are designed, made and distributed leading
to profiles in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, BBC News,
Financial Times, The Globe & Mail, Inc. magazine, WIRED magazine, The
International Design Magazine and more. (ponoko.com)

--
Olga Sasplugas
Marketing

Ponoko – the world's easiest making system
NZ    +64 4 473 0031
USA  +1 415 230 0255

www.ponoko.com