[p2p-research] Application_Content_Infrastructure, important development

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 09:19:06 CEST 2010

It brings up some interesting issues.

As the report alludes to the fact that it's not too much of a problem to set
up a 60 Gigabit network for a neighborhood.

The topology and functionality might look like:

Individuals have their own download/upload pipes for their personal traffic
When they want a local copy of a large file they share the download between
the other users
The file is downloaded/assembled on the shared computing cluster (local
cloud)
The next time a user wants that file they are directed to access it from the
local cloud
Local cloud users might need another box that communicates with the local
cloud and operates like a NAS on their in-home router
Local clouds in a city, on out to the suburbs could be inter-connected by
line of site (optical)
The local cloud could offer authenticated services to allow integration for
users
The local cloud could also publish various data sets for consumption by
anonymous users like calendars