[p2p-research] Is peer production a real mode of production?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 12:09:47 CEST 2010

Hi Kevin,

what I'm saying 'exactly', is that peer production to evolve from the
current seed form to full modality, needs to be able to socially reproduce
itself ..

I disagree with dmytri that it is only a distribution format, I do think
peer production 'produces', but, it can not a present socially reproduce
itself outside of capitalism,

doing that requires a convincing linkage between its immaterial and material
aspects,

as for kondratieff, I think that a half-wave is a possibility, but not
necessarily a successfull one,

the key question is, have we already attained the end game, or is there
still room for the system to wiggle, I think there is, and that new systems
rarely emerge before the old system has exhausted its wiggle room.

note that in my texts, I predict that the crisis point of the halfwave, is
actually the point where the endgame is reached, this puts me well in line
with other observers such as immanuel wallerstein and others

sam recenly posited 2030 as the start of converging crisis, this is likely
true, but it still would take time for them to play out and achieve the
setting of a full phase transition,

Michel