[p2p-research] Altruism, New Economics, etc.

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 15:58:01 CEST 2010

Dear Robin,

as per your request material on the gift economy from our wiki,
http://p2pfoundation.net/Special:Search?search=gift+economy&fulltext=Search see
below

see also my specialized tag http://del.icio.us/mbauwens/Gift-Economy

   - Gift Economy <http://p2pfoundation.net/Gift_Economy>
   ... contrast to a planned economy or a market or barter economy. In a
   planned economy, goods and services are distributed by explicit command
   and control rather ... The internet is often called a "gift economy".
   48 KB (7773 words) - 01:05, 19 October 2009
   - Is Compulsory Education needed in a Gift
Economy<http://p2pfoundation.net/Is_Compulsory_Education_needed_in_a_Gift_Economy>
   way? In a gift economy, driven by the power of imagination, backed by
   842 B (139 words) - 15:11, 25 March 2007
   - Art Gift Economy <http://p2pfoundation.net/Art_Gift_Economy>
   ... t to select lists of the "right" people(*5) , demonstrates that this
   "gift economy" is robust enough to command investment and trade in
   reputation (*6). • The aim then of the artist in the gift economy is to
   have their work shown, to the betterment of their reputation, and to ...
   3 KB (509 words) - 09:35, 9 February 2008
   - Social Capital and the Gift
Economy<http://p2pfoundation.net/Social_Capital_and_the_Gift_Economy>
   * What is the gift economy? How does it relate to the commercial economy?

   731 B (99 words) - 09:49, 17 October 2008
   - Douglas Rushkoff on the New Gift
Economy<http://p2pfoundation.net/Douglas_Rushkoff_on_the_New_Gift_Economy>
   ... nterview with Douglas Rushkoff: "The beginning is really to develop a
   gift economy"
   1 KB (154 words) - 03:48, 3 June 2009
   - Gift Commodity Internet
Economy<http://p2pfoundation.net/Gift_Commodity_Internet_Economy>
   I have characterized this paradox economy as the gift commodity Internet
   economy (Fuchs, ... for free, the more profit can be generated. Although
   the principle of the gift points towards a postcapitalist
   5 KB (703 words) - 18:11, 30 June 2009
   - Larry Harvey on the Gift Economy at Burning
Man<http://p2pfoundation.net/Larry_Harvey_on_the_Gift_Economy_at_Burning_Man>
   Podcast via http://www.radioproject.org/2010/01/burning-mans-gift-economy/
   ... s one of the most unusual economic structures in the world–a ‘[[Gift
   Economy]]’. Making Contact producer Andrew Stelzer’s been there, and sat
   down ...
   493 B (70 words) - 07:53, 11 January 2010