[p2p-research] significant tech transfer initiative?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 17:49:43 CEST 2010

does anyone know more about this,

see:

(eric, if you have time, a report and assessment would be highly
appreciated, for publication in our blog)

 Open Source Earth
>From P2P Foundation
Jump to: navigation <http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Source_Earth#column-one>,
search <http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Source_Earth#searchInput>

*= an International Non-Governmental Organization whose mission is to
educate people of Earth about Open Source and Resource Based
practices*(founded by Mathew Marlin Mallory Phillips and is based in
Rüsselsheim,
Germany.)

URL = http://OpenSourceEarth.ning.com <http://opensourceearth.ning.com/>

[edit<http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Source_Earth?title=Open_Source_Earth&action=edit&section=1>
] Description

"Open Source Earth is an International Non-Governmental Organization whose
mission is to educate people of Earth about Open Source and Resource
Based<http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Source_Earth?title=Resource_Based&action=edit&redlink=1>practices,
and to get people to use those principles to create what is
needed to sustain Human life.

Resource based comes from the concepts of Jacques Fresco and the Venus
Project. An example of a Resource Based practice as opposed to current
economic practices is for example if a school is falling down, people in
charge of keeping that building from falling down might say that there is no
money to fix it, even though there is endless concrete, endless steel and
other materials to fix it. Since many of the resources are owned, it is
possible to grow the resources that are needed, specifically for these
projects.

Open Source Earth could also be an answer to what seems to be happening in
the global economy today. If we backup our computer data, why not have a
backup for how we live. Open Source Earth was formed as a Trans-National
Social Movement Organization and has 3,500+ people in it's network around
the world. It was formed to use the power of numbers, and increased
probability to solve the problems that face humanity today. Sharing
knowledge for alternative ways to live and inspiring people to use these
technologies where they are in the world to better conditions.

With Open Source Earth, Technologies are Open Sourced, giving the concepts
and designs away rather than patenting them for sale or licencing,
empowering people with the tools to create what is needed to live and
flourish. Technologies such as BioGas Digesters, the effluent of which can
be used to grow food, textile, medicine, plants that can be used as building
materials, oil producing plants, fuel, plastic or other crops in an organic
hydroponics system.

Open Source Earth has partnered with Omega Garden of Canada and Dewpointe of
the USA to buy their systems wholesale to send to Haiti to create long term
solutions to the disasters that have occurred there.

Open Source Earth is holding it's first meeting at the Frankfurt am Main
Main Train Station on March 28th, 2010 at 12:00 noon using the Open Space
Meeting format, where everyone will have a voice." (
http://www.prlog.org/10559189-open-source-earth-meeting-to-discuss-open-source-and-resource-based-sustainability.html)

[edit<http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Source_Earth?title=Open_Source_Earth&action=edit&section=2>
] More Information

The website is at
http://OpenSourceEarth.ning.com<http://opensourceearth.ning.com/>and
the email is at
OpenSourceEarth at gmail.com. Open Source Earth has a Facebook group and fan
page. The contact telephone number is 0173 1606 349.