[p2p-research] newsweek on The Creativity Crisis

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 14:21:26 CEST 2010

Ryan Lanham wrote:
> There is a great deal of good basic science
> that is privately funded.
> Personally, I like that model.  States waste.

This is a false dichotomy.  There are other ways to organize.

Both 'private' and 'public' have their own problems that we need to
solve as we construct at least one more way to share resources which
can directly compete against the traditional offerings.

I see as the main goal of the P2P Foundation.

> People want the state to be their shield against
> scrutiny outside of their "peers."

People need to be able to group together for their own benefit to
shield them from the State *and* from Capitalism - which both do some
very wrong things.

People don't want demoralizing handouts, they just want to be fully
compensated for what they add to society without clever middle-men
tricking them out of most of that value.

We want to be peers, but cannot do it alone, so are still trying to
discover or rediscover how to create a community that we really
control which can provide us a way to trade skills without paying
tribute to those who do no work.