[p2p-research] wiki controversy ..

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:36:51 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> we had a productive and appeasing talk,
>
> Michel
>
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Alex Rollin <alex.rollin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I edit on this thing about 16 hours a day at the moment.  I'm working on a definitional set of documents for P2P.  I'm using a number of the more complex editing functions to facilitate the interdependent documents.  This is meant to be used by groups interested in using a P2P approach in their enterprise.  It's highly interlinked with the wiki.
>> I just got off Skype with Michel.  The basic thing is, this is Mediawiki.  It does some weird things, and anyone editing it can get in to trouble.  I've lost all manner of edits and other hiccups in the process of learning to use it.
>> This is a community wiki.  The community members can call on each other for help.  Feel free to contact me if you need some help with something.  I've written about 60 pages of documentation on the wiki so far in an attempt to give away as much empowerment as possible so that others don't have to learn the hard way like I did.
>> The wiki still need help.  The installation is incorrect (not in a subfolder), it is out of date (2 version) and their are mass-changes, widespread find-replace work, that need to be done to have it meet the wishes.  These are technical issues, on one hand, and also social issues as they will require collaboration.
>> As such, the fanning of hostility is, for me, to be avoided.  I am mostly, usually, ready to listen anger.  If you or anyone is pissed at me, let me know.  We can work it out, usually, if we are both willing to hear each other out and to meet the other half way.
>> Alex

The work of P2PF is extremely important to me, so I am very glad that
it is worked out. I understand why Michel may have had anxiety about
this for sure, given all he's done over the past 5+ years (and all
he's been through to get there).  I also think it's great that Alex
has come forward to help with the P2P Wiki.  Thanks for everything
you've done Alex, Michel, James, and everyone else

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com