[p2p-research] Defining Altruism ? Normative vs Autonomous ? Liberal Vs Conservative ?

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 15:22:42 CEST 2010

Hi Alex...
Interesting... enlightened self interest...

I am interested to understand how this plays in situations of "concurrency"
? ( such as access to limited resources )
Where do the priorities go ?
When is there "sacrifice" ? And according to which order of priorities ?

And in which type of relational model ( as for Fiske's relational models :
http://p2pfoundation.net/Relational_Model_Typology_-_Fiske ) ?

Can one imagine "agents" contributing till self sacrifice to p2p / "communal
shareholding" without benefiting themselves ( but potentially having some of
their loved ones benefiting ? Or humanity ? ). In such case, is their own
benefit that of personal satisfaction and sense of meaning ?

When googling "altruistic games", I also read mention to "indirect
reciprocity", which also may relate to "reputation"
( such as this article - mentioning a relation with development of morality
: http://www.springerlink.com/content/d77n346pk48u54w4/ )

----------------

I was asking such kind of questions in this thread

*"Collaborative Individualists" Vs "Autonomous Altruists" ?"*

http://groups.google.com/group/econowmix/browse_thread/thread/4869fa005c611b16/70160b4dd49f128a?lnk=gst&q=autonomous#70160b4dd49f128a

which followed other threads such as

*"priority users" in F2F altruist economics *

http://groups.google.com/group/econowmix/browse_thread/thread/e20360d6e60338a7

and a question regarding experimenting in the form of ( potentially
inventing ? ) a
game<http://groups.google.com/group/econowmix/browse_thread/thread/83ee54f77441807/b421dab1a1d079e4?lnk=gst&q=collaborative+financial+interface+%3F#b421dab1a1d079e4>(
a board game ? )

Perhaps some of you know of such kind of "altruistic" games ?

>>> http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Relational<http://videos.p2pfoundation.net/Category:Relational>