[p2p-research] ecotechnic future

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:53:24 CEST 2010

I have heard the argument that peer production requires internet and
high-tech tools but I don't think this is the case.  The assertion is often
made in the context of p2p as software production only, and doesn't often
extend to peer networks engaging commons based practices that are not in
software.  Many worker owned cooperatives could qualify as commons based
peer produced enterprises, in my view.  That these enterprises don't or
can't engage more complex analysis may mean they cannot join other networks
but it doesn't mean they aren't networks themselves.   I'm thinking of  a
worker owned brewery in Amsterdam.