[p2p-research] wiki controversy ..

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:46:32 CEST 2010

I edit on this thing about 16 hours a day at the moment.  I'm working on a
definitional set of documents for P2P.  I'm using a number of the more
complex editing functions to facilitate the interdependent documents.  This
is meant to be used by groups interested in using a P2P approach in their
enterprise.  It's highly interlinked with the wiki.

I just got off Skype with Michel.  The basic thing is, this is Mediawiki.
 It does some weird things, and anyone editing it can get in to trouble.
 I've lost all manner of edits and other hiccups in the process of learning
to use it.

This is a community wiki.  The community members can call on each other for
help.  Feel free to contact me if you need some help with something.  I've
written about 60 pages of documentation on the wiki so far in an attempt to
give away as much empowerment as possible so that others don't have to learn
the hard way like I did.

The wiki still need help.  The installation is incorrect (not in a
subfolder), it is out of date (2 version) and their are mass-changes,
widespread find-replace work, that need to be done to have it meet the
wishes.  These are technical issues, on one hand, and also social issues as
they will require collaboration.

As such, the fanning of hostility is, for me, to be avoided.  I am mostly,
usually, ready to listen anger.  If you or anyone is pissed at me, let me
know.  We can work it out, usually, if we are both willing to hear each
other out and to meet the other half way.

Alex