[p2p-research] What is the Origin of our Money Supply?

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 10:40:42 CEST 2010

Ryan,

since Kevin is positing that Social Credit is also a viable option, and
since the common sovereign money system is so well understood, is it
possible to do a point-by-point comparison?  How could I help with this?

Perhaps one of the 'social production' concerns for P2P is producing
agreements that are workable as "social credit" within the larger sovereign
money systems.

I was reading the "Public Housing" entry in wikipedia yesterday:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_housing

This article is indicative of how a concept, like public housing, can be
interpreted so differently in different contexts.  The article on the
Netherlands is missing 3 or 4 different types of organizations that are
involved in the  administration of social housing.  While some might say
this is too many extra machines in the mix, each one serves to manage
agreements of different kinds, with different issues, between different
parties.  I was about to edit it, but realized that the changes would be so
drastic that I would need to spend quite a bit of time documenting it in
order to show why the changes are relevant when compared with the long
section for US public housing which speaks about how most of it has been
bulldozed due to drugs, gangs, and dereliction.

The same thing could be true for the use of agreements within money systems.
 In the Netherlands the "commons" as "social contract" happens within the
legal jurisdiction of the state, and far more often than in the US, when it
comes to measuring this type of activity per person.  Most of the same type
of organizations and contracts exist within the US, but the people don't use
them for a variety of reasons, by and large.

Alex