[p2p-research] What is the Origin of our Money Supply?

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 04:48:19 CEST 2010

Kevin,

You make good standard arguments that I respect...not just because you are
making them, but because they are standard and well known.  There are many
rebuttals and I have nothing new to say to them beyond those.

I would point out a few things:

1. All social contracts of any sort are fiats.  They are commons.  All
commons are fiat commons.  Money is an agreement.  No one forces you to use
it.  Indeed, in the Old US West many people tried to survive without it and
did so fairly well.  As far as I am concerned, money is a tool...a machine
that is a social machine...a social contract.

2. All contracts are machines that make value.

3. Value is the point of all existence.

4. Value is defined as those things/ideas/cultures/desires people choose.

5. Money is a means of transferring a large but not complete set of value.

6. People who hold differing political views often think money IS the value.
 It is not.  It is a machine for making value.  THAT is the moral conundrum.

R.

Ryan Lanham
rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Facebook: Ryan_Lanham